Copeland Community Fund 2022-2025 Strategy continues to prioritise Places & Spaces projects. The purpose is to provide revenue and / or capital support to existing provision within Copeland and consider new complementary provision.
Applications to the Fund require match funding of:
- 25% for projects with a grant request of £3K to £25K
- 50% for projects with a grant request in excess of £25k
- All projects will be limited to a three-year funding term.
Areas projects may focus on include, but are not limited to:
- Quality Open Spaces
- Improvements to Environment
Examples of projects would include:
- Refurbishment or new build of community facility,
- Improvements to transport infrastructure: cycle routes, bridleways etc
- Improvements to open community spaces
- Community ‘growing’ schemes, such as a community allotment,
- Community transport scheme
- Recycling initiatives
- Climate Action
Projects must demonstrate that they can meet the NDA Socio Economic Strategy.
Project plans should outline all permissions required, application dates and status. For example, planning permission, building control, leases etc.
Organisations can apply for places and spaces projects on an individual basis, however, Copeland Community Fund (CCF) also looks favourably on collaborative projects.
Any project wishing to apply should consider how they can achieve and demonstrate a mix of the following outputs:
- Hectares / Sq M of Improved Environment
- No of New/Improved Facility (sport, cultural or community)
- Voluntary time dedicated to sustainably maintaining and improving public spaces, creation or management of green infrastructure
- Savings in CO2 emissions on contract not from transport (specify how these are to be achieved)
- Car miles saved on the project (e.g. cycle to work programmes, public transport or car-pooling programmes etc)
- Number of low or no emission staff vehicles included on project (miles driven)
- Voluntary time dedicated to the creation or management of green infrastructure, to increase biodiversity, or to keep green spaces
- Percentage of procurement contracts that includes sustainable procurement commitments or other relevant requirements and certifications
Exclusions for the Places & Spaces Fund include:
- Faith-based activities and venues (unless broader community use)
- Residential activities (outside of Cumbria) including expeditions and overseas trips
- Direct replacement of activities which are a statutory obligation
- Refurbishment or new build of community venues which will benefit only one user group
How To Apply
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.