The DE-Carbonise project aims to help small and medium sized-businesses (SMEs) based in Derby and Derbyshire to:
- 1. Reduce carbon emissions
- 2. Save costs
- 3. Become more sustainable.
The project also provides advice, support and funding to enable businesses to:
- – Develop and implement lower carbon business processes
- – Use renewable energy generating technologies
- – Develop lower carbon products
DE-Carbonise is a partnership between the University of Derby, Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Council and is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. Support from the project is available until October 2022.
- – Free on-site carbon reduction surveys: A member of the DE-Carbonise team can conduct a business review to identify opportunities to reduce carbon emissions at your premises. This could include more efficient lighting, insulation, heating/cooling systems, compressors, motors, process equipment, renewable energy, resource efficiency, waste reduction, low carbon transport, staff behaviour change and operational improvements.
- – Grants for carbon reduction measures (for Derby only): Grants for between £1,000 and £20,000 are available to support carbon reduction measures in Derby. The grant covers up to 40% of the total cost of works (excluding VAT), depending on the carbon saving.
- – Technical and research support for product and process carbon reduction: Businesses can receive further technical support, consultancy and process improvements based on recommendations from the carbon reduction report.
There is also an opportunity for cohort-based learning and development for smart manufacturing and sustainable supply chain innovation.
Please read the criteria here.
To register for the DE-Carbonise project, please submit an expression of interest.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.