Falkirk Council recognise that some businesses will incur considerable additional costs to reopen their business and keep staff and the public safe through the COVID-19 pandemic. This new fund is available to support those small and medium sized businesses where the costs of adaptations, social distancing and safety measures amount to over £1,000.
The maximum grant available is £2,500. Please note, that the applicant must cover the cost of the first £1,000 of spend.
The fund can provide up to 50% of eligible costs where the first £1,000 is paid by the business to a maximum contribution of £2,500 and can support items such as property adaptations, the purchase of screens, PPE equipment, signage, street furniture and other social distancing measures. This grant is for new spending that your business has to incur and can’t be used for items already purchased.
The business must have a dedicated business bank account (you will be required to provide the account details as part of the application process and this is the account your grant will be paid into if successful).
- The business has not breached wider coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations/requirements
- The business is not connected to a tax haven, as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No. 2) Act 2020
- Business must be classified as Small Medium Enterprise (SME) – Less than 250 employees and a turnover of less than £45 million
- Business must not be in any debt to the council eg Business rate arrears
- The business must be operated on a full-time basis
- The business must operate from commercial premises within the Falkirk Council area, for which there is a signed lease/rental/license agreement in place
- At the time of submitting the application, the business cannot be in bankruptcy, liquidation or similar.
- The business has not previously been awarded from the Business Adaptation Fund or the Business Resilience Fund. Businesses can only be awarded one grant from each of the funds.
- The business is not a community group, not-for-profit organisation, voluntary or charitable organisation (except social enterprise).
For any queries in relation to this fund, please email: BSGrant@falkirk.gov.uk
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.