Glasgow Guarantee is a Glasgow City Council’s initiative to provide employment opportunities & support local businesses to grow.
It’s a free employment programme aiming to help match businesses looking for candidates with Glasgow residents looking for work. Support is provided to Glasgow businesses that are recruiting for future employees, and job opportunities are made available to Glasgow residents who are unemployed or about to leave school or college.
Businesses that are recruiting staff can benefit from:
- financial support through a wage subsidy
- access to a pool of work-ready job candidates
- access to additional training funds
- assistance and support from a dedicated team of business advisors
- knowing you are making a difference by paying the Glasgow Living Wage
Candidates looking for a new job can benefit from:
- instant access to a large number of permanent Glasgow vacancies and modern apprenticeship opportunities
- full support and assistance from your local employability provider
- jobs that run for a minimum of 2 years
- being paid the Glasgow Living wage
- access to your own dedicated online account to view and apply for vacancies once registered
Eligible businesses must:
- be based within the Glasgow City Council boundary
- employ less than 250 employees
- be a private company, social enterprise or third sector organisation
- hold current public and employers’ liability insurance
- intend to recruit for a new full-time post(s) within the next 18 months
- be able to provide payslips, payroll run and business bank statements that show payments to staff
- agree to only recruit from the Glasgow guarantee pool of candidates
Eligible candidates must:
- live within Glasgow City boundary and not be part of any other training or employment programme. Candidates must also be one of the following:
- be an unemployed Glasgow resident
- working with an approved local employability provider
- about to leave school or college within the next 3 months
Register here to get your benefits.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.