The North East Transport Partnership (Nestrans) operates a Sustainable Travel Grant Scheme (STGS) to support and encourage Travel Planning and increase sustainable travel throughout the North East of Scotland. The scheme provides financial assistance to organisations investing in measures aimed at encouraging sustainable travel; such as increasing travel to work by public transport, cycling and walking, low emission vehicles and reducing the need to travel.
STGS can be used to support measures and provide support for organisations developing or implementing a Travel Plan. Schemes funded by an STGS could include, but not limited to:
- • Secure Cycle Parking
- • Shower/Changing facilities
- • Improving pedestrian access to a place of work
- • A survey to develop a Travel Plan
- • Applicable Employee Training
- • Any other scheme that encourages sustainable travel
Grants will normally range from £500 to £10,000 and will normally be a maximum of 50% of any proposal, although in exceptional circumstances higher awards may be made. The applicant will be responsible for securing the remaining 50% match funding, which should include a contribution directly from the applicant and may not come wholly from another grant scheme.
Grant monies should be spent within six months of the approval of the grant.
Any organisation or business based in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire may apply for funding towards measures aimed at encouraging sustainable travel. Applications may be made on behalf of:
- Any Business or other organisation, such as charities, not for profit and public sector agencies based or operating in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire
- A specific workplace or section within such as business or other organisation or
- Commercial or public service premises (not a private residence)
Where an application is made on behalf of a wider grouping (e.g. a group of organisations working together), a single organisation must be nominated as the applicant.
STGS applications are judged in the order they are received, on their own merits, and on the extent to which they meet the objective of the STGS. The key factors influencing a decision are the extent to which applications demonstrate;
- An effective travel plan is actively being developed
- • An effective travel plan has been completed and being implemented
- • The potential impact the scheme will have in helping to improve sustainable travel
- • Innovation, environmental and health benefits are demonstrated by the organisation’s policies towards travel.
Other factors taken into consideration include:
- • The nature of the applicant
- • The commitment shown by the applicant to support the proposal
- • If there are any existing planning requirements (For example the grant would not be given for items that are required, as part of planning permission)
- • The application supports the Regional Transport Strategy
- • If there are other grants/assistance available
- • Potential number of beneficiaries and
- • The availability of the STGS budget.
If you wish to apply, simply complete the online application form and you will be contacted by Nestrans to discuss your application. If the application meets the criteria of the scheme, it will be considered by the Strategic Transport Officers Liaison Group, which has representatives from Nestrans, Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council.
Applicants are limited to one application per year.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.