Scarborough Borough Council is providing Business Development Grant to help businesses in the area. It is established to encourage the formation of new enterprises and stimulate the growth of established small and medium sized businesses in the area, and companies looking to relocate into the area.
There are two grants that you apply:
Business Start-up Grants
Start-up grants are targeted at new start-ups and businesses less than 18 months old with no more than 10 employees. Applications can be made for assistance towards the cost of necessary equipment and machinery (excluding vehicles and consumables e.g. stationery), the extension, adaptation or improvement of facilities within the premises, and marketing, which it forms part of a promotional programme which is likely to lead to new jobs.
The maximum amount of grant assistance is up to £1,000 to any one concern in any one financial year.
Business Expansion Grants
The maximum amount of grant assistance is up to £5,000 to any one concern in any one financial year.
Priorities & Objectives
- New jobs created
- Increased educational attainment
- Enhance cultural provision
- Diversify the economic base of the area
- Enhance the tourism sector to increase visitor expenditure
- Target action within economically and socially disadvantaged areas
- Reduction in welfare dependency
- Enhance environment
- Improve connectivity / create technologically smart towns
- Improve skills and educational attainment
- You may only apply for assistance under either the Business Start-Up or Business Expansion scheme
- Any grant awarded will be for 50% of expenditure within the limits of the grant amount. E.g. If you are awarded a grant of £500, you would need to spend £1000 to claim back the £500 grant
- Grants are claimed back retrospectively by submitting receipts/invoices and copies of bank statements detailing the eligible expenditure
- Applicants with outstanding liabilities to Scarborough Borough Council cannot be considered for a Business Grant.
- Grants are awarded at the absolute discretion of Scarborough Borough Council
Grant applications will be considered on a quarterly basis. The application deadlines for the 2022/23 financial year are;
- Friday 27 May 2022
- Friday 26 August 2022
- Friday 25 November 2022
- Friday 24 February 2023
Any applications received will be assessed approximately 14 days after the closing date has passed.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.