South Lanarkshire Council provides financial grants to support small businesses in South Lanarkshire.
The grant is open to businesses and social enterprises, employing less than 50 employees that are based in the South Lanarkshire Council area, which meet the following criteria:
- full-time businesses that have been trading for at least 3 months
- the project you need the grant for has not been started
- based in business premises in South Lanarkshire which are owned or have a signed lease in place or home-based businesses in South Lanarkshire
- can provide the evidence of their most recent 3 months income and expenses through a business bank account, including wages and salaries
- can provide a monthly cashflow covering the next 12 months to demonstrate how the business will trade over the next year and benefit from the project
- not considering or subject to any insolvency proceedings, for example, bankruptcy, liquidation, trust deed, or similar at the time of submitting the grant application and has no employees subject to redundancy notices
- all non-domestic rate accounts are up to date or if working from home council tax accounts are up to date. Note any repayment plans must also be up to date.
What Can The Grant Be Used For?
The grant is up to a 50% contribution towards the cost of new equipment, property improvements, or other project costs such as digital trading, that will help the business grow from where you are at present. The grant is paid after your application has been submitted in full, reviewed and approved for payment. To help your cash flow, you will not need to pay the costs in full and then reclaim the grant from us but you will need to have at least 50% of your funds available before you apply. Any grants will be awarded based on the costs excluding VAT.
This grant is not available for:
- working capital
- a contribution towards employee wages, costs of new stock, or routine maintenance
- retrospective applications for businesses who have already purchased the necessary equipment
- projects that have already started
- community groups, not-for-profit organisations, voluntary or charitable organisations
- businesses currently in or in the process of insolvency proceedings, for example, bankruptcy, liquidation, trust deed, or similar
- businesses with employees under a notice of redundancy
You will need to apply online on this page.
You will be asked to upload at least 6 pieces of evidence on the application form which may take some time to gather together in the appropriate format. Format accepted are jpegs and pdf files but recommended advise is pdf as the file size is smaller. Please take some time to read through and gather these as the application does not allow you to save and return to complete it.
If any of these pieces of evidence are not clear when you upload them, this will delay your application as we will need to come back to you for more information.
Require evidence in pdf format preferably are:
- One clearly marked quote for each item of your proposed expenditure. This should be recent and clearly marked as a quote and show all details of the items, the cost, and the supplier. Note: You will need to have at least 50% of the costs of your quotes available to use prior to application, and confirm where these funds are from. Remember the grant is based on the costs excluding VAT. If the items are being purchased from a retailer, please provide a screenshot of the webpage and a link to the website for the item you require that clearly shows the price as the quote.
- Latest 3 months bank statements for your business showing the account name, bank, sort code, account number, and business transactions. This must show any project and employee costs.
- Evidence of business address – for example recent utility bill
- Most up to date financial records – detailed accounts, and most recent management accounts if available
- Cash flow projections showing your best estimate of your monthly income and expenses for the 12 months from the date of your application. You should use your most recent bank statement balance as your opening balance and include the costs of your project in the cash flow. If you’re not sure what to include here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you to help and provide a template/guidance if required.
- proof of your personal identity – current passport, driving license
- proof of your home address for example a recent bill or bank correspondence (this is only required if your business operates from your home address)
Please check the FAQs page for more information.
If you would like to discuss your project before applying, or if you have any queries please email your contact details to email@example.com marked Small Business Support Grant and one of the team will contact you.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.