West Dunbartonshire Council provides grant support to assist established businesses located within West Dunbartonshire with the costs of property improvements necessary to expand their business and create additional employment. This is a discretionary funding programme and will provide up to 30% of the business’s expenditure for such improvements, with a maximum grant of £3000.
In addition to the Business Property Improvement Grant and as part of an overall funding package, there may also be an opportunity to obtain finance through Business Loans Scotland.
*Given the current COVID19 pandemic, the grant may be used towards the implementation of COVID19 adaptation costs necessary to make the business and its environment, sustainable and safe for staff and customers*.
- All types of business entities may apply, i.e. Sole Trader, Partnership or Limited Company (
- The property must be located in West Dunbartonshire
- Businesses must have less than 50 employees at the time of their application.
- Businesses must have been trading for NO LESS THAN 12 MONTHS at the time of making their application.
- Businesses must not have any debt owed to the Council.
Please note that Retail businesses and businesses providing a service directly to members of the public are NOT eligible.
- Businesses must clearly demonstrate that improvements to the premises will improve their business performance and will safeguard or increase employment.
- The premises must be owned by the company or on a long-term lease.
- There must be necessary permissions in place to carry out the work, for example, Landlord’s permission, planning permission or a building warrant.
- Evidence of expenditure must be provided by way of paid invoices/receipts and bank statements showing payments
- Priority will be given to businesses in the Scottish Government Smart Specialisation Sectors and also to businesses in the Service Sector which support manufacturing.
- As this grant is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, funding must be acknowledged by using the appropriate European logo which must either be displayed on the business website or in the business premises.
To apply, please:
- complete the online application form, or
- download the application form doc. and returning it to: Economic Development Section, Titan Enterprise, Aurora Avenue, Clydebank, G81 1BF, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.